I think Twitter’s curation aspect is extremely important. The community of interesting curated links is one of the main reasons I abandoned delicious late in 2011, in favor of twitter. Are you following @CersysInc?
Here are the ‘gems’ of using social media to build a (small) business from my first quarter-year of tweets. Retrospectively I realized this theme links many of my re-tweets, though social media are not a main vector for my technology consulting, nor is it aligned with the work conducted by my customers (law firms)… It’s a way one goes about doing business, e.g. @CersysInc and this blog.
Ahem, please disregard the hideous formatting which follows. Absent an interesting design to present links, I provide it here as a pile-of-text.
What’s in your Business Blog
- http://www.hingemarketing.com/blog/C491/ – Excellent! RT @kevinokeefe: Website Planning Guide – for website content building
- http://blog.kissmetrics.com/help-customers-find-you/ choosing then using keywords
- http://kevin.lexblog.com/2012/01//small-carolina-manufacturer-teaches-attorneys-and-law-firms-how-to-compete-via-social-media/index.html – Manufacturing #legal success: carve a niche via blogging and social media to leverage your unique skills @kevinokeefe
- http://www2.americanbar.org/calendar/TECHSHOW/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=86 – 5 blogging tips from bob ambrogi
- http://vmanning.posterous.com/keeping-it-short – advice to bloggers, pointing mostly at ‘nobody wants to read your… it’ http://www.stevenpressfield.com/2009/10/writing-wednesdays-2-the-most-important-writing-lession-i-ever-learned/
- http://bloggertone.com/marketing/2012/01/31/maximising-your-presence-at-events-learning-from-eye-tracking-research/ 3-D design tips for booth layout – try them on a blog?
- http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/small-business/sb-tools/the-top-tens/ten-simple-ways-to-generate-leads-on-twitter/article2298965/ building your brand on twitter
- http://lawyerist.com/twitter-best-practices-for-businesses/ – business uses of twitter
Email and sales
- http://blog.strategynode.com/6-lead-nurturing-nonos-avoid-email-campaigns.html – email campaign advice
- http://www.contentmarketinginstitute.com/2012/01/how-to-use-content-to-engage-convert-new-customers/ – provide good content to get customers