Now for something rather different – video blog via our partner ii3: why you should plan your upgrade to WorkSite 8.5 or WorkSite 9.0.
Verity (and Vivisimo) are reaching end-of-life as far as iManage is concerned. No support for some new acrobat formats. The time has come to upgrade.
- 8.5 requires a reinstall of your WorkSite server. What settings and db customizations do you have? Don’t lose an index!
- 8.5 is a full reinstall of your FileSite client. Do you know what your settings are? Do you know why those were chosen? Have you been using FileSite ‘as installed’ – or do you have no way to know? A substantial number of settings have changed since 8.2 – don’t lose your customizations, but don’t miss out on new features by hanging onto the old stuff.
- As for 9.0 – do you need support for an encrypted File Server? Dealing with user desktops in multiple languages?
- Activate the setting prevent flatspace! This setting is so very helpful in making user and administrator lives easier.
- Take the opportunity to go matter-centric if you have not already. That’s a separate rant.